This isn't just a glimpse inside the archives of our nation’s historical legacy... it's like backing up a truck and raiding two centuries worth of archived historical, cultural, and biographical files...and these records are in full agreement!
An advanced civilization such as these United States could only produce the fruits of our greatness if it was secured first with the firm foundations of the Christian faith.
I have spent a lifetime gathering evidences here and there for a testimony of the Christian foundations of our nation. I can only wish I had found this massive 1060 page volume 40 years ago. Especially since these are testimonies and facts archived at the beginning of our nation’s history.
Testimonies from the sources that laid the foundations… often composed by those who bled and died for those principles. What a solid work! So much to “take in” … It could have saved me 40 years of looking… As it is, this set gives me enough to handle on this subject for… say… the whole next decade.
Visit EarlyChristianAmerica's Blog for More Insights about the State of our Nation, How we Got here, and How to Take Back America for the Lord.
|| David Paul
Remember your FREE bonuses – available ONLY from this website – are valued at over $300-
| From the Desk of the Director of A& D Net Enterprises, Inc.
Re: Republication of the rare 1864 volume from a virtual archive of early Christian Americana.
The Christian Life and Character of the Civil Institutions of the United States by Benjamin F. Morris (1864)
In 1864… Christian writer and historian Benjamin F. Morris wrote the following concerning the monumental volume:
"THIS volume is committed to the American people... In it, as from the richest historical mines, has been brought out the pure gold of our history...
Its treasures have been gathered and placed in this casket for the instruction and benefit of the present and future. We have a noble historic life.
Our ancestors were the worthies of the world. We have a noble nation, full of the evidences of the molding presence of Christian truth, and of the power and goodness of Divine wisdom in rearing up a Christian republic for all time. That this was the spirit and aim of the early founders of our institutions, the facts in this volume fully testify.
From the Preface to the book…
“THIS volume… is committed to the American people, in the firm assurance that the invaluable facts which it records will be grateful to every patriotic and pious heart…”
Benjamin F. Morris
The field through which the reader will walk, in this work, must give wider expansion to any person's...
quicken the pulses of his loyalty
add to his conscious dignity as an American citizen
strengthen his confidence in our future
and impart a higher tone to his piety
The single object of the compiler was to link, in a connected form, the golden chain of our Christian history, and to reveal the basis upon which our institutions stand.
CHRISTIAN LIFE AND CHARACTER
Institutions of the United States
DEVELOPED IN THE OFFICIAL AND HISTORICAL
ANNALS OF THE REPUBLIC by
B. F. MORRIS
"True religion affords to Government its surest support." —WASHINGTON
"The highest glory of the American Revolution was this: it connected in one indissoluble bond the principles of civil government with the principles of Christianity."—JOHN QUINCY ADAMS.
"The religion of the New Testament—that religion which is founded on the teachings of Jesus Christ and his Apostles—is as sure a guide to duty in politics and legislation as in any concern of life."—DANIEL WEBSTER.
"Righteousness exalteth a nation."—BIBLE.
Written at the height of America’s Civil War and originally published in 1864
“It has been a delightful task of patriotism and piety to the compiler to prepare the volume, and to lay it as a grateful offering upon the common altar of his country and of Christianity.”…BF Morris, 1864
Visit EarlyChristianAmerica's Blog for More Insights about the State of our Nation, How we Got here, and How to Take Back America for the Lord
This volume details, as NO other volume you’ve ever seen, the Christian foundations of this great nation.
Learn More about the Founding of Your Nation with this Volume from BF Morris
Here’s what you get …Actually there’s much more… But we simply can’t list it all here:
Sources of Proof to establish the Christian Life and Character of the Civil Institutions of the United States:
In the first chapter alone, Morris presents nine MAJOR proofs for Christian foundational support in asserting the Christian roots of this nation.
The Hand of God in the Settlement of the American Continent…
Christian Colonization of the New England Colonies…
Christian Colonization of Pennsylvania—New York—New Jersey—Delaware…
Statesmen of the Revolution—Their Views of Christianity and its Relations to Civil Society and Government…
Christian Systems of Education in the New England Colonies Christian Colonization of Virginia—Maryland—South Carolina—North Carolina—Georgia…
Christian Legislation of the Continental Congress…
State Constitutions during the Revolution—Christian Doctrines incorporated in them as Fundamental Law…
The Christian principles embedded in the Federal Constitution…
The Constitution consciously developed as a Christian Instrument of government…
Christian Scenes in the First Congress under the Constitution…
The Christian Acts and Scenes of the Army of the Revolution…
Christian Ministers of the Revolution …
Christian Women of the Revolution …
Christian Churches of the Revolution—Congregational Churches …
Christian Churches of the Revolution—The Baptist Churches—Methodist Episcopal Church …
Christian Churches of the Revolution—The Reformed Dutch Church and other Churches—German Lutheran Church…
Christian Character of George Washington and many other statesmen…
Fast and Thanksgiving Days appointed by the States and the Federal Government…
Christian Scenes in the Capitol of the Republic…
Christian biographies, sermons and prayers during the founding of the nation…
Events related to the War for Independence…
Even the statements and actions of enemies of the Republic and their responses to the events of Providence…
Christianity of America Courts, and Christian Character of Eminent American Judges …
The Christian Element in the Civil War of the United States…
…AND MUCH, MUCH MORE!
“…as from the richest mines… the pure gold of our history…”
“In it, as from the richest mines, has been brought out the pure gold of our history. Its treasures have been gathered and placed in this casket for the instruction and benefit of the present and future. We have a noble historic life; for our ancestors
were the worthies of the world.
“We have a noble nation, full of the evidences of the molding presence of Christian truth, and of the power and goodness of Divine wisdom in rearing up a Christian republic for all time.”
“That this was the spirit and aim of the early founders of our institutions the facts in this volume fully testify. The field through which the reader will walk, in this work, must give wider expansion to his political views, quicken the pulses of his loyalty, add to his conscious dignity as an American citizen, strengthen his confidence in our future, and impart a higher tone to his piety.
“The single object of the compiler was to link, in a connected form, the golden chain of our Christian history, and to reveal the basis on which our institutions stand.”
“The documents and facts are authentic, and have been collected, with laborious diligence, from standard historical works and from the political and Christian annals of the nation.
“The volume is the voice of the best and wisest men of the republic.”
“ It must, therefore, have weight with the American people, and be a political and Christian thesaurus and textbook to the scholar, the teacher, the patriot, the politician, the statesman, the jurist, the legislator, the divine, and, in a word, to all classes of American citizens. The work is not theoretical, but a series of facts to unfold and establish the Christian life and character of the civil institutions of the United States,
“…in the light of which every American citizen can trace to its source the true glory of the nation…”
But, as they say, “That was then…this is now.”
So, you’re probably asking yourself, “What can I do with this great volume?
Here are just a few suggestions…
When something as news-shattering as the Terry Schiavo case, the Judge Roy Moore 10 Commandments issue, and a host of others “hit the press,” didn’t you wish you had historic reasons, quotations, biographies and commentaries to fall back on so as to be able to “get at the root” of the issues you’re facing and be convincing to others? Well, NOW you do…
Do you wish you knew why our forefathers erected or developed this or that institution, cultural event, traditional outlook, holiday, slogan or symbol…?
Are you a writer of any sort? Here is a wealth of information just waiting for you to use.
Do you have your own newsletter or website? Think what this kind of information can do for you…verbal illustrations, history, quotes, and a knowledge base far ahead of most others …
This book can be used as a course along with the history of the American Revolution which accompanies this set…
Do you love history? I mean…do you just love a good story or two…or hundreds…?
Do you love knowing what really went on – how do they say it? – “behind the scenes”?
Remember, the internet shows us that people are drawn to sources of new and exciting information…This is not just information…it is a STANDARD which defies all others. After reading from this archival of historic events and issues… there is NO cogent argument which can be levied against the FACT of the Christian foundation of this country.
Are you involved with Chat Rooms, Online Discussions and Forums, online Directories…Well, now you’ve got plenty to share…with thousands of people.
Are you involved politically? You now have plenty of verbal/informational “ammunition” to combat the anti-Christian biases we all face in our society…
Unfortunately, too many churches, Christians, denominations, ministry groups, schools and Christian Colleges have been taught that this was not founded as a Christian nation…Now, it’s your turn to show otherwise…and persuasively…
Do you teach: schools, youth ministries, devotionals, Bible study groups, history class or club, personal evangelism and witnessing; the list is endless?…
Are you a pastor, teacher in a private or parochial school or even Sunday school, a homeschool mom or dad? Think of the surprise and power of presenting a thoroughly researched, well documented Christian story, event, biography, quotation, prayer… and “1001” other issues and subjects…
Are you involved in internet radio (If you are please CONTACT us)? Here is a wealth of information for your programming…People love this information…
Do you work with teens? This is a great way to get their interest…and compel their respect…
Are you a student needing a subject (or 2 or 3…) to write a paper for school?
Do you have an Internet web page or Blog on which you could post Biblical themes, history, culture and stories?
Do you love “history of the Bible” kinds of topics? This is not ancient history to be sure. But it sure is encouraging to know how God worked among our people to create a nation.
Since this set is history and Biblical …why not use it at church, school and collegiate Bible studies and prayer groups?
Are you just plain interested in finding out about these events and people…and learning what you can about them?
Your “Blog” (web log) could become a source of real encouragement, faith and enjoyment to many others as you constantly update, add, or explain with the huge amount of data found in these informative educational tools…
Visit EarlyChristianAmerica's Blog for More Insights about the State of our Nation, How we Got here, and How to Take Back America for the Lord
The timing is perfect for understanding this information…the information is itself stunning to many who call themselves Christian…What do you think such information is really worth to those who learn its full potential?
But wait a minute…There’s a lot more you can get out of this!
No doubt…you can gain real credibility with the knowledge gained in this set…Remember, most people know something about a lot of things: “Jack of all trades…master of none” is the saying.
YOU, on the other hand, will have an in-depth appreciation and knowledge of some of the best archives stories of this nation’s history…a truly awe-inspiring examination of this thrilling subject.
Because you will have NO competition to speak of… comparatively few really know about this subject to any appreciable extent in this country…though that is slowly starting to change …
You …on the other hand… will have the real advantage over almost any who have need of the subject matters archived in this great volume…
There is almost no subject affecting our culture where material from this volume could not be found to reference it in some manner…
Since this bonus set comes with an audio book series (this is not the BF Morris Book)…listen to the audios of Great Historical Biographies in the car…on your headphones while jogging…listen while you lay in bed…
With audio …you can listen to the audio portion over and over…learning it without any real fatigue…
Audio lends itself to group settings…group discussion…group gatherings for a “no-pressure” learning experience...
Lets young people listen and respond...
Not only will it surprise most people…it is so “detail-rich” in its presentation of a Biblical view of history; few will know how to respond other than surprise…
This series ties the “loose ends” together. It ties lose ends in cultural understanding concerning the foundations of our institutions: courts, churches, family, marriage, Constitution, military, chaplaincy, holidays, Sabbath laws and customs, commercial issues, law and government…and much more…
Relates the foundational issues well to the principles of the Christian faith and lets you see what our forefathers were thinking when they began to work on the foundations of our country...
This will expose - by sheer volume of information- the follies of the NON-Christian social-legal reaction over the years which say this nation was not founded as a Christian country...
Imagine, listening to yourself as you explain with clarity and conviction how the courts once used the Bible in their decisions; how American marriages once worked and why; how strongly the churches and denominations were in the formation of the Republic, the impact of the many pastors who were articulate in standing against the evils of that day…
This set is designed to be faithful to the historical and inspired record of the Bible…
Look for these and MANY OTHER vital issues of our country’s documented Christian history…
But wait…we told you there was MORE to this offer and we meant it!
But You Must ACT NOW!
This is only an introductory offer…
This offer will come to end. The price will go up soon. What's more, we simply cannot offer the bonuses in this offer, forever.
|Besides the incredible archives of Christian documentation, historical events and biographies of great Christian leadership found in The Christian Life and Character of the Civil Institutions of the United States…
…you also receive over $300 in value bonuses, MOST of which you can access right away!
|These volumes will be sent to you in on a Data CD. These are the compelling biographies of Christian leadership and the events created from the RESOLVE of real Christian faith in action:
There are ten works that trace the impact of the Christian faith in different events and eras of our Christian heritage!
|• Imagine you are standing in a crowd in 19th Century rural Tennessee. You see Davy Crockett, the famous bear hunter, wilderness and frontier fighter, and (later) hero of the Alamo, standing up in front of you as he asks for your vote for Congress. But, this is no ordinary speech. This was the humbled, deeply convicted voice of a man who promised that what he had done in Congress once, he would never do again! Beside him was the elderly, simply clad Christian farmer, known throughout Tennessee for his extraordinary wisdom and insights. Davy had been deeply cut in heart by the lengthy conversations he had experienced when he first met this Christian gentleman in an accidental meeting.
• Imagine yourself on the battlefield during the Civil War. There you SEE for yourself, the great General, Stonewall Jackson, riding carefully amidst whizzing bullets and cannon bursts, assuring his men, "All is well. All is well…" His faith carried him through many battles and he showed his firm belief that he was "as safe on a battlefield as he was in bed", if the Lord was with him.
• Listen to the broken heart of Patrick Henry. His famous speech "Give me liberty or give me death!" may be the most famous speech in American history. In the end he drew reference to an evil "purchased at the price of chains and slavery." Yet, as he delivered that speech before the assembled members at St. John's, inside his heart ached as he grieved over the bondage of his own wife!
• Let your imagination soar to the power of the preaching of the great minister, George Whitefield. His voice could be heard 2 miles away! The control he exercised over his voice alone caused David Garrick, England's greatest actor, to remark that George Whitefield could cause a person to become euphoric or weep like a child merely by his inflection of the word "Mesopotamia."
• Learn the names of the ministers whom Great Britain's soldiers hunted down because of their impact upon the souls of the colonists. Listen to the reasons British Prime Minister Horace Walpole said, "Sister America has run off with a Presbyterian parson."
• Do you know the colonial women who, as much as any of the men, were responsible for affecting the cause of faith and freedom as powerfully as any number of battles?
• Then there is the HUGE amount of history on the Early Church documenting the terrific struggle of Christianity with the pagan world of that day. This old classic historic work from the 1800's is hard to find, but is now ready for immediate delivery to you.
If you love a good story… then these are the biographies for you. Especially if you love GOOD history of Christian character - the kind of character which LEADS society - then you will want to get these character histories now.
Of particular interest are samples of your Bonuses:
1 & 2. Patrick Henry: The biography which focuses on the factors which influenced his rise to courage and influence. Produced in a 2 volumes (in audio format), this audio set will take you from the primary influences in his life to his public career. It will trace in detail the work of the Lord in his life as it takes you through the decision-making process of the great man and how his Christian faith and character turned the tables on corruption and vice, and impressed themselves upon the life of our people.
3. General Stonewall Jackson "The Mystique of Christian Leadership" - Here is an audio view of Jackson very few historians even know, let alone emphasize. Jackson was a man of "mystery". He actually spoke often of the fact that "mystery was the essence of life." What did he mean? Well, unless a person understands the Christian faith, he may not know that "the secret of the Lord is with those who fear Him." Jackson knew that. He also knew that such a truth, capturing the essence of a relationship in Christ and the empowering work of the Holy Spirit in the soul, gave the Christian a powerful "edge" in life. Jackson's faith showed him the inner resolve of soul a Christian was capable of displaying.
4. King Alfred the Great: Another extensive audio biography. This is the heralded Christian king of the England. We've all heard of Magna Charta. We enjoy the heritage of freedom so strongly preserved in America and its predecessor, Great Britain. But, do we know that this was the king who foresaw the need to use Biblical precept in order to bring stability to the realm? But, he mused, “What if God's truth, which is His everlasting Word, were to be included in the laws of the people? Wouldn't that help to guarantee future stability and freedom in the culture? Then, when changes did occur, the culture would retain its Christian heritage and values. His life was REALLY many different lives all wrapped up in one:
| Ads by A&D Net
Logic & Debate Set
Unique Course: Christ’s
Logic/Skills Used in Gospels
|Ads by A&D Net
Home Music Training
Aids by Master Teachers
Classic Works for All Levels
- One of heroism defending his people from barbaric invasion…
- Christian scholarship providing answers for the understanding of his people…
- and vision - a future foreseen in principle - and carried out with such understanding that the future Magna Charta (3 centuries later) would almost be a foregone conclusion.
5. Davy Crockett: "Not Yours to Give!" - This audio book will really surprise you. The great hunter and soldier turned Congressman and finally hero of the Alamo shows the side of character that made him so incredibly honest and beloved by the people of Tennessee -and all of America. This is the audio book which shows you the man who so powerfully influenced the Christian development and insightful maturity of the great frontier hero. Everyone who listens to this is surprised by its testimony and effect upon them!
6. Signs and Wonders of a New Civilization: It's been said that Christianity is a new way of life. The Romans, who so long mocked and persecuted the Christian faith, saw more deeply. They called Christianity a new civilization. They didn't think that would be a compliment but over the 2000 years of the advance of the faith, God's people have been "Signs and Wonders from the Lord" as Isaiah foretold. See how this has played out in history, whether in ancient times, or in more modern times (such as the impact of George Whitefield’s ministry) as this audio puts Christianity in perspective and answers the "why" question: "Why" is it always the case that as Christianity is vilified, it grows in strength, and overturns the known world by the power of the Lord?
7 The Early Church and the Rise of Modern Constitutionalism Audio: If I were a betting man (I'm not, but if I were-) I would certainly bet that you haven't heard about the impact upon the governance of society created by the Early church. Actually, the church and its Christian people were not out to change government. But, they did do that nonetheless. How? Because they're activities touched everything. There's nothing which Christians may not comment upon-.or attempt to redeem and change. They forced the laws to react to their way of life so police were sent to arrest, harass, malign, or hurt Christians so often because they were affecting EVERYTHING in society, good and bad. Certain principles began to emerge-and the Early Church acknowledged it to be by the hand of the Lord. These principles would later become embedded in the fabric of Western political tradition-leading ultimately to the drastic changes on history. You will enjoy this surprisingly new research!
8. The Great Awakening Let your imagination soar to the power of the preaching of the great minister, George Whitefield. His voice could be heard 2 miles away! The control he exercised over his voice alone caused David Garrick, England's greatest actor, to remark that George Whitefield could cause a person to become euphoric or weep like a child merely by his inflection of the word "Mesopotamia."
9: Crisis in Conscience: A Hero's Dilemma Grasp the drama of what 56 members of the Continental Congress went through in their determination to break ties with the mother country and sign the Declaration of Independence. For as Benjamin Franklin put it..."if we do not hang together, we will most assuredly hang separately." They signed this document for us...and the price they paid was enormous.
10. Women of the American Revolution: PDF These were the women who changed the future of America. They accomplished so much toward building strong families, teaching faith to their children, and supporting their husbands in their public stand. These were the women who "made the man 'happen.'" Theirs is the character of women who moved the souls of all those around them. You will be amazed to discover how many of these women were very much like the Proverbs 31 woman! Their character and faith created character in others - and provoked marvelous events on behalf of a free fighting people.
Each of these offersare normally valued at $19.95. That's a value of almost $300-alone! But...that's not all. There's more for you!
Ads by A&D Net
Pre-pub Special & Discount
Lives of the Persecutors of
Christians in History. CD Set
| Ads by A&D Net
Learn to Market Online
Christian Business Online
Training. You Control Costs.
11. A PDF of CHRISTIAN LIFE AND CHARACTER OF THE CIVIL INSTITUTIONS OF THE UNITED STATES Value of $15
12. You will be able to use – if you claim it – a coupon worth $100 toward a set entitled Leveraging Influence. This 40 volume CD set shows people HOW to use the Internet for business marketing, research and business start-ups. Coupons are limited in number. Our sets are limited. So, you better take advantage and NOT wait. First come, first serve. (We reserve the right to pull this coupon at any time.) But, for now, those who purchase in time, will receive this offer, as long as sets last. Good only toward set entitled Leveraging Influence for as long as there are sets available. First come first serve.
Ps. This INTRODUCTORY offer is discounted and WILL come to an end. Take advantage of the price … and the bonuses NOW. You may NOT get a second chance!
PPs: Remember – how many uses you have for such a wealth of information. This book was well written, well documented and taken from sources, some of which are no longer available (some don’t any longer exist, except as referenced in this massive volume!).
PPPs: There is almost $300 worth of bonuses with this set. But, again, time is money! Don’t be left out because you procrastinated… ORDER NOW!
PPPS: The Christian Life and Character of the Civil Institutions of the United States by Benjamin F. Morris is truly the end of the debate on whether America was founded as a distinctively Christian nation! Take the book and use it in…
Teaching courses on American history…
and a thousand and one other uses to which only YOU can know.